About the Course
- Reference Materials, Worksheets and Study Guides
- Section 1 – What is HCC
- Section 2 – Documentation and Auditing Guidelines for HCC
- Section 3 ‐ Coding Guidelines and Conditions by Chapter
- Section 4 ‐ General Guidelines – Chart Notes – HCC Coding
- Section 5 – Suspects and the Query Process
- Final Exam
Advanced Coder/Auditor Training
Develop a thorough understanding of ICD‐10‐CM guidelines including Coding Clinic and CMS 2008 Participant Guide
Understand how to apply guidelines to medical chart documentation.
Diseases that Risk Adjust
Develop familiarity with diseases by ICD‐10–CM Section and by HCC, and be able to identify which diseases risk adjust.
Understand how CMS hierarchy applies to payment.
Learn to identify insufficient or incomplete documentation and the impact on HCCs.
Be able to explain the best practice use of queries and how to formulate those queries.