About the Course
- Reference Materials, Worksheets and Study Guides
- Section 1 – Welcome to the World of HCC
- Section 2 – Documentation and Coding Guidelines for HCC
- Section 3 ‐ Coding Guidelines and Conditions by Chapter according to ICD-10-CM
- Section 4 ‐ HCC Auditing Process
- Section 5 – Query Process for Auditing HCCs
- Final Exam included within the Course
Advanced Coder/Auditor Training
Prerequisites for this course are anatomy, physiology, and medical terminology. An operational understanding of ICD-10-CM is required.
Develop a thorough understanding of the ICD‐10‐CM guidelines including Coding Clinic and the CMS Participant Guide
Understand how to apply guidelines to medical chart documentation.
Diseases that Risk Adjust
Develop familiarity with diseases by ICD‐10–CM Section and by HCC, and be able to identify which diseases risk adjust.
Understand how CMS hierarchy applies to payment.
Learn to identify insufficient or incomplete documentation and the impact on HCCs.
Be able to explain the best practice use of queries and how to formulate those queries.